It’s been 10 months since I last posted an update, not because I’ve had nothing to say, but because I’ve been extremely busy. As those of you in business for yourself know, promoting and working on your own business often takes a back seat to working for clients and I’ve definitely been guilty of that over the past year.
I want to showcase the sites I’ve been working on in the past few months. I’m so proud of a site I just finished a few weeks ago that it has finally pushed me to get the word back out on what I’ve been doing.
There are quite a few things different about this site than the sites that I normally build.
- Instead of working from a template, the website design was created, with completely custom graphics, by a professional designer from DrewSevan Design.
- All content on the pages and sliders professionally written by IdeaWorks Creative Group.
- Instead of developing in WordPress or another CMS, I developed the site in HTML5 and CSS3 by hand at the customers request.
- I developed it as a responsive site that adapts to the device and screen size that it’s being displayed on. Go ahead and try it on a tablet or on your phone or just change the size of your browser window.
- It includes a responsive java slider with custom fly-in graphics.
This doesn’t mean that I’ve given up on WordPress at all, this was a special request by the customer to build in HTML and was actually more expensive to develop that way than a WordPress site. Regardless, it was a challenge that I met. I really got to stretch my wings and test my boundaries as a web developer and I’m extremely proud of the results.