Busy as usual, but I wanted to make a quick post to feature a website refresh for one of my customers that I’m especially proud of, JaPaulscape.com. The owner called me looking to get an update and refresh for his site, including a new logo. I contacted the designer I’ve been partnering with, Evan at Drew Sevan Design, and we came up with a new lofo for JaPaul’ and an update for his site.
We kept him on WordPress and added these features and updates:
- New logo
- Cycling background image. The owner wanted it and I was hesitant at first, but in the end I think it looks great and adds movement to the site that I normally achieve with a slider. Good call on his part.
- Addition of floating social link tabs to the right side of the site.
- Upgraded site to latest version of WordPress, currently 3.7.1
- Upgraded theme to latest version of Builder, currently 5.0.10. This allowed me to take advantage of new features including:
- Native mobile and tablet responsive support. Check it out on your phone, I love the new nav bar styling
- Easier customization and upgrading
- Automatic theme updates
- Updated and adapted code and css to keep his old options in the new setup.
Evan and I are putting together a service to do this for businesses that need a site refresh and/or web facelift. Look for an announcement in the near future, possibly today!
Here’s a before and after, let me know what you think.